GITAM Dental College Library encompasses an area of 8000 sft., equipped with over 250 seating capacity with rooms for necessary amenities. The library operating hours are from 9 AM to 11 PM. It has a well-equipped library containing the latest textbooks and journals, both Indian and international.
The Dental Library subscribes the most popular Online Resource especially for Dentistry EBSCO Database - Dentistry & Oral Sciences Source (DOSS) which covers variety of National / International Journals and books from reputed publishers through NTRMEDNET Consortium.
The Dental Library offers a range of services for academic and research pursuits such as Textbook, Reference, Lending/Circulation, Periodical Service, Dissertations, Photo Copying, CD Copying, Inter Library Loan, Internet Browsing, Latest Arrivals, Rare Books, News Paper Clippings, Old Question Papers, Document Delivery, Articles Request, OPAC/WEB OPAC (KOHA) and Wi-Fi facilities etc.
GITAM DENTAL COLLEGE & HOSPAITAL Subscribed Dr. NTRMEDNET Consortium - EBSCO
- EBSCO Dental Collection – (Dentistry & Oral Sciences Source)
- EBSCO Nursing Collection
- EBSCO Physiotheraphy Collection
- EBSCO Medical Collection
- ISABEL Database – EBSCO
- Proquest Medical Complete
- BMJ Journals
- Wiley Online Library
Free/Open Online resources
- Pubmed Central
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- HighWire Press
- BioMed Central
Through GITAM - Subscribed
- National Digital Library of India (NDIL)
- Wiley Online Library
- World e-books
Rules and Regulations
- Library timings: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
- Users are allowed to avail library facility only after displaying their college ID cards and signing in the attendance register.
- Books etc. are to be borrowed in person.
- Strict silence should be maintained in the library and group study is not permitted. Use of cell-phones, eating, and sleeping are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Readers should not mark, underline, dog-ear, write or tear the library books/Journals. This may lead to initiation of stringent disciplinary action.
- Books/journals taken from the shelves must be left on the table. Replacing the books in the shelves in not encouraged as they may be wrongly placed.
- Computers in the digital library should be used for academic purposes only. Online chatting and browsing of social networking sites are strictly prohibited. Disciplinary action will be taken against violators.
- Books will be issued/taken back from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM on all working days. Lunch break is from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
- Fine will be levied for late submission of books as per the decision of the management.
- Books must be returned on or before the due date. If the due date falls on a holiday declared by the college, students may return the books on the next working day.
- Reference books, journals, thesis and dissertations are only for reference within the library premise.
- Absence and illness are not acceptable excuses for exemption from paying overdue charges.
- If the books are not returned by the borrower, in spite of repeated reminders the borrowing facility and entry may be withdrawn.
- Students should not bring any valuables and the library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users.
- Users should obey the library rules and regulations. Violation of rules and any acts of misbehavior would lead to strong disciplinary action.
- Library staff can provide guidance you may need in using the library resources, facilities and services.
* Suggestions for improvement of library facilities are welcome. Alternatively drop-box facility can be used.