Academic achievements: 2018-19
Datla Aparna, 2nd Year MDS, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, GITAM Dental College & Hospital secured 1st Place in E-Poster Session at the “43rd Annual Conference of Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India & 1st Indo-Japan OMS Conference” held between 11th to 13th October, 2018 at Chennai Trade Center, Chennai.
Nikita Budhwar and Dr. Vudata Usha Kiran, 1st MDS (Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry) students, GITAM Dental College & Hospital secured best E-Poster awards in different categories during the “40th Indian Society of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry Conference” held on 24th, 25th & 26th October, 2018 at Nagpur for presenting an E-Poster on Latest obturating material titled “Recent Trends in Pediatric Dentistry” and on various mobile apps that can be used in pediatric dentistry titled “Innovative behavior management techniques in pediatric dentistry ” respectively.
N. Divya, 2nd MDS & Dr. A. Rajasekhar, 1st MDS in the Department of Prosthodontics had secured best paper award in 39th AP State Dental Conference held at Rajahmundry between 7th to 9th December, 2018.
- GITAM Dental College team won Gold Medal in Chess at NTR UHS 21st Inter- Collegiate Games Meet (Women) 2018-19 held between 16th to 18th March, 2019 at GITAM Dental College & Hospital, Visakhapatnam with Ms.G.Poojitha as Captain.
- GITAM Dental College Teams for winning the following medals in GITAM Intercollegiate Games & Sports meet.
- Chess : winners
- Throw ball : runners
- Badminton : runners
- volley ball : winners
Participation in Seminars
1st and 2nd year post graduate students of the Dept. of Periodontics attended 18th ISP Postgraduate Convention – “Periopreksha” held on 18th- 20th April 2019 at Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Dr.Seepana Swathi, 3rd MDS (Periodontics), GITAM Dental College & Hospital won prestigious Dr.J.K.Gupta Award (First Prize) under the CASE REPORT category at the “18th National ISP Postgraduate Convention” held between 19th to 21st April, 2019 at Jaipur, Rajasthan for presenting a paper.
- M.Neeharika secured State 1st Rank in the speciality of Oral Pathology & Microbiology in the Final MDS University Examinations of Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences during May/June, 2019.
- Kapa Janeela Roja secured State 1st Rank in the speciality of Prosthodontics & Crown and Bridge in the First MDS University Examinations of Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences during May/June, 2019.
- Jyothsna Surapureddy secured State 1st Rank in Final MDS in the speciality of Periodontics and the department students secured 5 out of Top 10 Ranks in the state in the Final MDS University Examinations of Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences during May/June, 2019.
- Y.Pavan Kumar, Prof. & HOD, Dept. of Oral Medicine & Radiology is awarded a grant of Rs.6,00,000/- by Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation for conducting research on “Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma” for his Ph.D Programme at Savitha University.
- V. Ushakiran and Dr. K. Sravani, II MDS students have got 2nd prize in poster presentation at the women’s dental conference held in Visakhapatnam on 15-09-2019.
- P.Charishma Chowdary, 3rd MDS (Periodontics), GITAM Dental College & Hospital secured 2nd Position at ISP Essay Competition titled “Critical Appraisal of the New Classification for Periodontal Diseases” during the Inaugural Ceremony of the “44th National Conference of Indian Society of Periodontology” to be held on 8th November, 2019 at Bangalore.
- Dr.R.Sandhya, Professor in the Department of Periodontics, GITAM Dental College & Hospital for securing the “Best Paper Award” in the life member category during the 44th National Conference of Indian Society of Periodontology held at Bengaluru between 8th to 10th November, 2019.
- Bhanu Prasad S, 2nd MDS (Pedodontics), GITAM Dental College & Hospital for securing the “Best Paper Award” during 41st National Conference, ISPPD held at Greater Noida between 7th to 9th November, 2019 for presenting a paper on “ Tackling the Tache”.
- K.Vasudha, 1st MDS (Prosthodontics), GITAM Dental College & Hospital for securing Best Paper Presentation titled “ Comparative Evaluation of fluid absorbency of Bofroclot with different gingival retraction medicaments – An Invitro study” during “40th AP State Dental Conference of IDA” held on 23rd November, 2019 at Guntur.
- P.Nasemoon, 1st MDS (Prosthodontics), GITAM Dental College & Hospital for securing Best Paper Presentation titled “ Compare and evaluate the surface Roughness & Surface Hardness of two commercially available provisional restorative materials after incorporating additives & Immersing in two types of baverages– An Invitro study” during “40th AP State Dental Conference of IDA” held on 23rd November, 2019 at Guntur.
- K.Vasudha & Dr.J.Bhavana, 1st MDS (Prosthodontics), GITAM Dental College & Hospital for securing Best Poster Presentation titled “ Comparative evaluation of efficacy of antimicrobial incorporated into Dentures Adhesives– An Invitro study” during “47th Indian Prosthodontic Conference” held on 28th November, 2019 at Raipur.
- A.Jagadeesh Naidu & Dr.J.Bhavana, 2nd MDS (Prosthodontics), GITAM Dental College & Hospital for securing Best Poster Presentation titled “ Fracture toughness of recemented provisional crowns with different luting cements at various intervals– An Invitro study” during “47th Indian Prosthodontic Conference” held on 28th November, 2019 at Raipur.
GITAM Dental College student wins National Designer Award:
The recently concluded National Designer Awards conducted at International Centre in Goa. Thousands of designers from all over the country participated. The Jury consisting of Mrs.Ruma Devi, Mrs.Anju Modi, and Mrs.Amy Bilimoria amd Mrs.Schulen Fernandes selected 400 designer dresses for the ramp.
The objective of the competitions was to promote Khadi in any form at the International level and to promote handicrafts. Ms.Aishwarya Ganguri, Intern of GITAM Dental College & Hospital won “Best Khadi Designer Award 2019” along with the title Best Innovative Designer Award (Indo Western Category). She paired Pure Ponduru Khadi with Tholu Bommalu (the age old entertainment form). In the competition, where she spoke about retaining the freedom fight movement in her designs and also the present situation of those artisans where the arts are almost close to extinct. Her main motto being the promotion of Khadi and Tholubommalu through the fashion industry and encouraging the artisans for more opportunities.