At the completion of the undergraduate training programme the graduates shall be competent in the following;
- Apply knowledge & skills in day to day practice.
- Apply principles of ethics.
- Analyze the outcome of treatment.
- Evaluate the scientific literature and information to decide the treatment.
- Participate and involve in professional bodies.
- Self assessment & willingness to update the knowledge & skills from time to time.
- Involvement in simple research projects.
- Minimum computer proficiency to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Refer patients for consultation and specialized treatment.
- Basic study of forensic odontology and geriatric dental problems.
- Evaluate practice location, population dynamics & reimbursement mechanism.
- Co-ordinate & supervise the activities of allied dental health personnel.
- Maintain all records.
- Implement & monitor infection control and environmental safety programs.
- Practice within the scope of one’s competence.
Communication & Community Resources
- Assess patients goals, values and concerns to establish rapport and guide patient care.
- Able to communicate freely, orally and in writing with all concerned.
- Participate in improving the oral health of the individuals through community activities.
Patient Care – Diagnosis
- Obtaining patient’s history in a methodical way.
- Performing thorough clinical examination.
- Selection and interpretation of clinical, radiological and other diagnostic information.
- Obtaining appropriate consultation.
- Arriving at provisional, differential and final diagnosis.
Patient Care – Treatment Planning
- Integrate multiple disciplines into an individual comprehensive sequence treatment plan using diagnostic and prognostic information.
- Able to order appropriate investigations.
Patient Care – Treatment
- Recognition and initial management of medical emergencies that may occur during Dental treatment.
- Perform basic cardiac life support.
- Management of pain including post operative.
- Administration of all forms of local anaesthesia.
- Administration of intra muscular and venous injections.
- Prescription of drugs, pre operative, prophylactic and therapeutic requirements.
- Uncomplicated extraction of teeth.
- Transalveolar extractions and removal of simple impacted teeth.
- Minor oral surgical procedures.
- Management of Oro-facial infections.
- Simple orthodontic appliance therapy.
- Taking, processing and interpretation of various types of intra oral radiographs.
- Various kinds of restorative procedures using different materials available.
- Simple endodontic procedures.
- Removable and fixed prosthodontics.
- Various kinds of periodontal therapy.